* Salary: Not Specified
* Location: Zurich, Switzerland
* Job Type: Permanent, Full time
* Company: BlackRock
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At June 30, 2016, BlackRock's AUM was $4.890 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At June 30, 2016, BlackRock's AUM was $4.890 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of June 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 12,700 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
iShares and Index Investments (EII) is the business unit that delivers passively managed (index) investment vehicles and portfolio solutions to the entire spectrum of the BlackRock client base.
iShares is the brand name for the world's largest range of exchange traded funds (ETFs), which are marketed and managed by BlackRock. As a complement to the iShares ETF offer, BlackRock manages a broad set of index mutual funds across various fund platforms and domiciles to meet specific client needs. Both iShares ETFs and unlisted BlackRock index mutual funds are available to institutional and private investors.
iShares ETFs combine the advantages of stocks with the benefits of index funds: iShares can be bought and sold like any other shares listed on a stock exchange. They provide diversification and exposure to an entire index through a single security, combining the flexibility and tradability of a share with the diversification of a fund. BlackRock index funds meanwhile are the instrument of choice for more static core allocations with a laser focus on ongoing costs as opposed to intra-day/on-exchange liquidity.
The remarkable growth of index investing in recent years is a testament to the diverse applications of ETFs and unlisted index mutual funds in securing returns, managing risk and controlling costs. With close to 300 ETFs listed across major exchanges in Europe and two index mutual fund platforms (domiciled in Ireland & Switzerland) BlackRock is the leading provider for passive investment vehicles, accounting for over $1 trillion in assets under management globally.
This position is responsible for the development of existing and new relationships and the growth of the client book in the pension fund and insurance business in Switzerland.
The incumbent will focus on delivering passive products and solutions - ETFs and unlisted funds - to a sophisticated and diverse client segment, thereby growing BlackRock's passive asset management market share in Switzerland.
The position will be based in Zurich as part of the Swiss Sales Team.
- Management of client relationships in the pension fund and insurance segment at the portfolio manager level
- Acquisition of new clients and sourcing of projects to expand the use of BlackRock's passive offering (linked to asset raising, call and meeting targets)
- Supporting team head in servicing existing clients and client request (fund analysis, RFPs)
- Close cooperation with client service analysts and partner groups to deliver the unique BlackRock value proposition
- Manage day to day business flow and deliver service excellence (pre-trade guidance, product comparisons, cost analytics)
- Comply with all regulatory and legal standards
- Collaboration and information sharing with other iShares and BlackRock sales teams globally
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in selling investment products to sophisticated investors preferred - existing network with institutional clients (ideally Pension Funds, Insurers, Trusts) in Switzerland is a strong plus
- BA/BS graduate in related field - CFA / CIIA or similar qualification is an advantage
- Substantial experience in financial markets and the ability to engage with various stakeholders across the firm
- Understanding of product set, preferably both ETFs and competitive landscape of delta 1 products
- This role requires a true sales and service mentality and a flexible approach to suit market demands
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and position investment ideas and other value-added services generating sales and assets
- Fluency in Swiss-German and English is required for the role. Good working knowledge in French and Italian are a plus
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Applications must be submitted by interested candidates directly through the BlackRock Careers website.
- Applications through agencies will not be accepted for this position.
* Recruiter ref: 172411
Codice annuncio: NT000D5456